Human nature dictates that we only seek help when we need it: we seldom look ahead when it comes to supporting until the moment arrives, and then we are stuck!
Don’t let this happen to you. Follow these guidelines to quickly find the best tutoring teachers who have the exact knowledge, skills, and competence to help you out.
Take Action: Step One
Finding the academic guidance that your child needs can be as easy as starting your web browser.
You can find all kinds of tutoring services online and home teachers who are eager to guide you to academic success. In fact, the selection of one-to-one private teachers can be a bit overwhelming, but it really doesn’t have to be.
Tuition Domain is a great website to start your application. There you will find one-on-one tutoring teachers for almost every discipline, arranged by:
- Area of specialization: academic courses, art, arts and crafts, language and much more
- Geographical location, and whether home counseling or online tutoring is offered
- Education level: basic, average, university level, expert, adult or professional.
A simple solution for finding a tutor.
Tuition agencies provide an easy way to find teachers and tutoring program that are best suited to provide the additional support that each student needs.
On individual profile pages you will find criteria at a glance that can influence your decision with one teacher over another:
- At the bottom right of the page, you will see a handy information box stating when this tutor was last logged in.
- For a quick answer, find a tutor who was logged in last week.
Given the pressure you are experiencing, it is worth spending enough time to find tutoring teachers who are most active on the website and respond quickly to questions.
You can also read reviews left by previous students to help you determine if this is the best tutor for you.
Make the First Contact with your Home Tutor
Now that you have collected a selection of possibly suitable tutoring teachers on the ‘Favorites’ page, it is time to prepare your request.
Explain what motivates you to seek help. Mark when you are available to learn and press the desired guidance method – one-to-one at home or with him/her, online or a combination thereof.
Do not hesitate to emphasize the urgency of your situation!
It is clear that time is essential. Writing multiple requests can be done quickly by first creating a format and then sending it – with adjustments if necessary to the details – to each upcoming tutor.
Suggestions to Help You Ensure Results
Despite all your good efforts, you may come across a few dead-end streets in your search for the best tutor of the subject for which you need individualized support.
Perhaps all the tutoring teachers involved already have full schedules and do not accept new students, even for the short term.
- Try expanding your search to a larger radius. Perhaps your ideal tutor is just a few miles outside the city.
- Consider online tutoring instead of home coaching. Private lessons online have proven effective in all but the most physical studies, such as dancing or swimming.
Your schedule is too restrictive to allow meetings that deviate from what you have already planned.
- Flexibility is central here. You may be able to postpone some of your other obligations, at least for the time that you are in learning mode.
There is no tutoring teacher available to guide you at home.
- Expressing your willingness to meet your tutor at his / her home would remove that stumbling block. Or maybe you can agree to come together in a public space, the same distance away from both of you.
- Online learning would also be a good solution to this challenge.
Broadening your Search for a Tutor
Despite your best efforts, you are not satisfied with the results found online. Or maybe the use of a computer does not suit you when your needs are so specific.
It is time to consider other strategies.
A college student or a higher level student can be the solution.
They are well versed with the current topics taught in school, so they can be a good choice.
Word of mouth is another fast way to get a home tutor, you can check with your neighbor who had engaged a tutor before.
You can go to libraries, supermarkets, and on university grounds and put a notice on the notice board.
You can also place advertisements in local newspaper classified ads.